As an All-Natural, Organic Gardener, I will only use products or methods that are 100% safe and natural in my garden/farm. There is one product that I have found that is safe, effective, all-natural and has a multitude of uses. The product I’m speaking of is Shaklee Basic H2. This stuff is unbelievably amazing!
WHAT IS BASIC H2?
Shaklee Basic H2 is an all-organic, biodegradable wetting agent, developed “In Harmony with Nature and Good Health”, as are ALL Shaklee Products.
WHAT DOES BASIC H2 DO?
- As a wetting agent (surfactant), it increases the rate at which water penetrates soil (up to 300% more water penetration!), thereby, reducing runoff and loss of evaporation.
- Deeper penetration of water into the soil causes the roots to reach deeper for the moisture, with several advantages, some of which are:
* sturdier root systems
* during dry seasons, there is less drought damage
* deeper penetration of water permits greater organic matter decomposition and soil manageability
- Basic H2 has a pH of 6.5 which appears to have the ability to neutralize acid soils and also bring alkaline soils to balance. When soil is in apparent balance, earthworm activity increases, which in return aerates the soil, increases fertility, and improves water penetration. Earthworms produce minerals and nutrients as they burrow through the soil everyday. They burrow holes for oxygen, which loosens the soil, creating that important nutrient-NITROGEN
- Basic H2 acts as a nutrient release (tests have shown that gardens treated with Basic H2 have more trace elements and minerals available to the plant)
- It assists drainage in areas where in areas where standing water might otherwise accumulate
- It also acts as natural pesticide…since 90% of insects have an oil coating, Basic H2, as a wetting agent, (penetrates the outer shell and actually suffocates the insect. Insect eggs are softened by the spray, which prevents hatching.
The following results have been reported by individual farmers and controlled testing using Basic H2. When you need to have a packing fragile items for storage, visit hollowaystorage for more information.
- Corn yields increased 29%
- Soybeans yielded 48 pods per plant on average compared to 27 pods per plant where Basic H2 was not used
- Four cuttings of alfalfa per year, rather than the normal three
DISCLAIMER: This literature has been gathered from farmers across the country. It is not published by Shaklee Corporation. The formulas are not guaranteed or in any way approved by the Shaklee Corporation.
HOW TO USE BASIC H2
IN THE SPRING BEFORE PLANTING: With an ortho sprayer apply 1 cup of Basic H2 to every 5,000 square feet of garden
IN THE FALL AFTER HARVEST: Follow the same instructions for Spring above.
PLANTING: Mix 1/2 tablespoon Basic H2 to a gallon of water. Pour this in the furrow before dropping in the seeds.
- When potting new plants, use 1 tablespoon of Basic H2 per gallon of water. For added trace minerals, dissolve 12 Shaklee Alfalfa tablets in the water
- Once a month, add 2 drops of Basic H2 to 2 cups of water (dissolve 3 Shaklee Alfalfa tablets in the water for trace minerals.)
SHRUBS AND TREES: Use the same mixture as suggested for house plants above.
|NEVER spray plants with Basic H2 while they are in bloom. The wetting action will wash the pollen away. It is always best to spray in the evening when the sun is down, or on a cloudy day.Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower Worms: Add 1/2 teaspoon of Basic H2 in 16 oz of water. Spray plants each week or every 10 days unteil the worms are no longer a problem.
Bug Spray Mixture: For plants (except rose-bushes and tomatoes):
TREES AND ORCHARDS
Fruit Trees: Apply 1/2 tablespoon of Basic H2 per 5 gallons of water. It can be applied in early Spring up until the trees are in full bloom. Then after the bloom has fallen off (pollination has taken place), spray every week to 10 days until the fruit is ripe. If insects are still a problem increase Basic H2 up to 1/2 tablespoon per gallon of water.
Wire Worms: For wire worms in apples, use 1 cup of Basic H2 concentrate around each tree, about 1 1/2 feet out from the trunk. Soak the ground with water.
Sick Trees: Dilute 2 cups of Basic H2 in 5 quarts of water. Feed tree at base with 1 quart of mixture per day for six days. This will take care of fungus and diseases. DO NOT feed seedlings this mixture. Use regular formula under “Shrubs and Trees.
Web Worm: Add 2 1/4 cups of Basic H2 to 1 gallon of water. Completely drench the tree with this mixture. Let sit for 30-45 minutes. Then rinse down the tree with water. This will take care of hard to kill insects in orchards and lawn trees.
Clean Credentials: Nontoxic, Natural, Hypoallergenic. Biodegradable Surfactants, No phosphates
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If for any reason a Shaklee product is not satisfactory, return it for exchange or full refund.
SAFE FOR WORKERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Phosphate Free – 100% Organic – Biodegradable
Non-Polluting – Non-Toxic – Non-Volatile
Not a Detergent
Personal and Pet uses of these products are from Shaklee customer’s experiences and not from Shaklee Corporation
For household use or use in residential gardens, there are 2 sizes available. (Click on pictures to order.)
For large gardens or farming operations there are 2 larger sizes available. (Click on pictures to order.)
Treats approximately 8 acres.
Treats approximately 50 acres.